West Perth Prosthodontics was established in 1981 and continues to provide optimal Prosthodontic care in a friendly practice environment.
What is a Prosthodontist?
Brendon and Poh Hun are specialist Prosthodontists, meaning they were dentists who then completed a minimum of 3 years full time advanced specialty training in Prosthodontics and who now exclusively practices Prosthodontics.
What is Prosthodontics?
Prosthodontics is that specialty of dentistry devoted to the rehabilitation and maintenance of oral health, function and aesthetics, through the restoration of teeth and the replacement of teeth and associated tissues.
Who Can See a Prosthodontist?
Anyone who has missing or damaged teeth should ideally see a Prosthodontist. No referral is needed.
What Can a Prosthodontist Do For You?
- Of all dental personnel a Prosthodontist is best equipped to discuss treatment options and plan and coordinate your dental treatment so it runs smoothly and your goals are achieved. When necessary, your plan will include referral to other dental specialists.
- Provide implant treatment in conjunction with surgical colleagues (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon / Periodontist). A referral will outline the overall plan and prescribe implant placement details to the surgeon. Progress will be monitored and temporary teeth provided and maintained. Once the surgical phase is complete your 'teeth' are made as planned.
- Provide the highest quality treatment. The advanced training and specialisation results in knowledge and experience that allows a Prosthodontist to provide better and longer lasting treatments to you. This is efficient because in the long term you will require less treatment and less repeat treatment.
- Replace teeth with implants, bridges and dentures to improve your appearance, chewing and speech.
- Repair and replace dental implants.
- Provide veneers, onlays and crowns to improve your tooth colour, shape and strength.
- Treat the wear of your teeth from grinding or clenching.
- Whiten your teeth to improve colour when the shape and structure is sound.
- Maintain your dental health long term, either solely by us or in conjunction with your general dentist - depending on your particular needs.
- Work with your Orthodontist to arrange teeth optimally and then replace or veneer teeth to complete your treatment.
- Provide your treatment under sedation if you prefer.
These in turn improve your general health and confidence.